Why take lessons with Sweet Notes?
- You want a teacher with quality, experience, and proper training. This encompasses college degrees in music, expertise in their instruments, proper technique, training and experience as a teacher, and continuing education.
- Sweet Notes wants every student to be able to go from beginner to very advanced here. Too often unqualified teachers and teachers who can’t teach past a certain level cause limits and frustration for students. It also makes it difficult to continue when you have to find a new teacher.
- The most important reason to take music lessons is that they are fun, stimulating, and enriching! At Sweet Notes this is a priority.
- Music is a skill and a hobby that can last a lifetime.
- Music can help relieve stress.
- Students with private lessons advance faster in their school band or orchestra programs.
- Music students tend to have higher grades and do better in school.
- Studying music helps raise self-esteem and encourages creativity.
- All areas of the brain are stimulated in a way fewer other activities do.
- Students at Sweet Notes are taught to problem solve creatively and think for themselves about how and why to play a certain way.
- Students learn practice strategies to make practice more efficient and effective.
- Private lessons teach proper technique catered to each persons individual learning, making progress faster and easier.
- Music is a gift that anyone can enjoy.
Sweet Notes believes strongly in all of these things and actively encourages the benefits of music during instruction. I love music and want to spread and share that passion with my students.